Saturday 4 September 2010

Random event on the road in Accra........

Share it Please

Timeline: Yesterday

Red, yellow and green (unlit) LEDs used in a t...Image via Wikipedia 

Venue: 37 Military hospital traffic light.

"That monster hates my guts!!" Always has! Like, this bad old monster waited till it was my turn to move through the stand-still traffic to turn it's angry red glare on me!!!  (Like it always does!!!) Anywho, so I'm on my way to work and the light stops me, and there's this trotro in the lane next to me who overshot the light by like a metre. I'll tell you why I'm mentioning that in a minute.So I'm grumbling and cussing at the light when this guy comes up to my window and asks me to buy some of his grapes.  They are big and juicy looking but I'm not carrying any loose change and don't feel like waiting for him to try and change a big note but I digress.



This young grape seller (did I mention that he looked HAWT?  He shouldn't be selling by the roadside)  he begins lambasting this woman in the backseat of the trotro.  Apparently she dropped a used "pure water" sachet out the window and into the street.  The woman ignores said young man and rolls her eyes.  The young man keeps complaining then bends over to pick up the bag.  It's what he does next that's got me grinning even now.  Just as the light turned green, he shoved the bag through the woman's window and into the trotro!


It is so refreshing to see that people still care about the environment.


Or is it because the AMA holds the street hawkers to task when the area is filthy, hmm?  LOL


~Daixy~

4 comments:

  1. @ Gifty, Ain't it just the kicker? I had and needed that laugh.

    @ Tetekai, sadly, I don't carry my camera around with me and definitely not when driving. I'm going to be the optimist and say the guy really cares about keeping the country clean but either ways, he's done a good job n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est vrai, ma cherie Daixy... :P

    I'm with Tetekai. Now THAT was a Kodak moment! Well, whatever the hawker's motive, a small victory was won for the environment that day. Never forget... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Will nii-san. Anata wa genki desu ka?

    Really wish I'd got a pic but c'est la vie. Never have what you need when you need em, eh? :P

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.