Monday 9 August 2010

Too much Anime: Dreaming of Ninjas on Motorcycles

Share it Please
It's very rare that I dream.  My nights are often spent working or writing/reading, maybe fooling around with my japanese lessons.  (Anata wa genki desu ka?)  Anywho, I stay up all night doing whatever I feel like till I pass out from exhaustion and then, I sleep so deep that I do not recall anything that I may have dreamed. If I'd dreamed....



One night (I can't remember when) I awoke to the remnants of a dream and was so amazed by the sheer stupidity of it that I haven't ever managed to get it out of my mind.
I was walking down the Legon-Atomic road, late at night.  I remember I was on the left side of the road so Presec was across the street from me.  This dream placed me on the road before construction had began on it.  You know, when there were tall enough grasses for the purse snatchers and escaped mental patients to hide in.
So I was walking down the road, see? (I hope the peeps from Brooklyn don't "feed me to the fishes" for this lol) Minding my own business like everybody else that's nutts enough to walk out alone at night, when I noticed a light in the distance. After a few seconds standing there like an idiot and watching the light come closer and closer, I realised it was a motorcycle.  What struck me as strange was the fact that, well, it had a NINJA on it!!!
Yes, people, a ninja.  With full face mask, hitate, katana and all. Fascinated, I stood there while the bike came to a stop right next to me and the ninja swiped out his katana, pointed it at me, and said "Give me your purse".  Like any sensible human faced with a ninja on a motorcycle, I gulped and handed over my handbag.  I even went farther to hand over my earrings! :o
Now get this.  The ninja grabbed his loot, hopped off the bike and ran giggling into the bush to check on his spoils.  Like wtf?  A giggling ninja?  A stupid ninja?  (Gosh but I have stupid dreams....)
'So,' one would ask, 'what did Lil' Miz Daixy do?"  Why, what any rational woman would do in such a situation, of course.  Knowing full well that I could not ride a motorcycle, I wheeled it across the street to the Presec School, where two security guards were relaxing under a Nim tree. Lord knows why they were sitting there watching me get robbed but at least I remembered to yank out the keys (unlike the silly ninja)  and then proceeded to walk towards the Madina Police Station. Oh and the ninja had no idea his bike was gone.
Please don't ask me what happened next.  I couldn't recall anything else upon waking.  But my family and friends have had a good laugh at this one.  I actually think about it when I find myself in a mood.  Cheers me right up :)
Anywho, Greetings from Bolga and all that.  Don't miss me too much. I'll be home soon....
~Daixy~ 

5 comments:

  1. Um, further to this, do you sometimes feel like you do not know where your real life ends and your ninja dreams begin? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NYA, you are so deaded when I get back home. Best look for some cave to crawl into :P

    I am very much aware of where fantasy ends and reality begins, luv. No worries. I won't wake up one day thinking you're a dragon that needs to be slain ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! Nice one! Must have been Naruto or Gai under the mask...

    That'd cheer anybody up! Cheers for the laughs, Linn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! A classic symptom of anime addiction! Lol! "Wa shwe adie saa edi ako ndaee". My twi is bad but I'm sure you will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) @ Will, It was Kakashi actually. Hence the giggles :P I'm surprised he left Icha Icha lol

    @ Enyonam, ROFLMAO! Your twi is better than my eve. I'm addicted, I admit it. Have you seen this week;s naruto manga? Gai Sensei is off the chain!!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.