Wednesday 4 August 2010

Randomness from a Road Trip........

Share it Please
So, driving up to the Upper East Region of Ghana, I realised that I'm still very much the babbler. And when I babble, I come up with some pretty random topics. Here's some of the stuff that I came up with during conversation while on the road;

1.  In the aftermath of the events of this year's Africa Cup of Nations, do Algerians drive through Togo?

2.  Reasons why one should not build a  log cabin in Ghana:
a) Termites will have a field day, regardless of the treatment methods you employ
b) You'll be an easy target for estranged family.  All they'll need is some kerosene and a lighter/match and you're toast.
c) Dogs will forever be marking their territory on your house
d) Shoddy Ghanaian electrical systems plus a log cabin = bad idea
e)  Who you gonna call to build your log cabin in Ghana?  Do you call a carpenter, get an artisan from the art centre to carve one up for you?....

 3. No matter how things have changed, there's no way that a grown man will/can accept a "small girl" being in charge of any project coordination, let alone controlling the money associated with it.

4. I love cheese, books and things on TV, in no particular order.

5.  Christians are quite possibly the biggest hypocrites there are out there.  We claim to be like Christ, but are nothing like the Son of God.  How do we profess love, and yet turn out to be the strongest "haters"?

~Daixy~

10 comments:

  1. @
    1.I am sure they still do, after all man has to eat (conduct business, visit family etc)
    2.a. Totally agree. Those mites are have not mercy for wood.
    b. LOL. They too!
    c. Dogs mark their territory everywhere. I saw a dog doing that to a car once.
    d. Plus no immediate fire service personnels to put out the resulting fire. Recipe for disaster.
    e. Maybe the carpenter and the artisan can collaborate.
    3.Some times never change especially when it comes to ‘females’ controlling money.
    4.Books and TV for me plus the occasional cheese. LOL
    5.People who claim to be Christians darling, people who claim to be Christians. Cos if they really are (Christians; not being religious), then they will be everything ‘like the Son of God’, including the wipings at the synagogue and hating everything that is not of God, but hey! until we all come to the place God wants us to be spiritually, we are as human as the next person.

    Just my perspective into your 'babbling'. I like them! so keep 'em coming.

    P.S: Don't forget to have some fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3. So how does "small girl" accomplish anything if they won't accept her being in charge of coordination and money? Who are these "grown men" anyway? The ones on the receiving end of the "project" or those "small girl" works with?

    Is this phenomenon the last frontier change has to conquer? smh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if "small girl" agreed to give "big man" 'some', he would let her be the coordinator. It is (wrongly so) the way of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tetekai, I'll do my best. It's proving to be a bit difficult to do that at the moment, but I'll try my darndest.

    @ Nanasei, the grown men are those on the receiving end. The ones the small girls work with are happy she's tight fisted but wish she could be less feminist lol

    @ Nana Yaw, give "big man" some what? Money, sex, drugs? Seems it's how the world is run these days. I'm becoming jaded lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daixy, I love the way you think and the randomness of your thoughts. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Boatemaa, thanks so much :) Used to be random thoughts were a sign of insanity. Today, I'm just known as eccentric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're scary when you babble, you know that? ;)

    Interesting thoughts, all of them. Would make quite the debate topics. "Big men vs Small girls"... XP

    Eccentricity is tame. Insanity rocks (when you attempt to enjoy it) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhh....Scary? But I'm innocent and sweet and and... :(

    Perhaps I shall revel in my insanity for a while. Eccentricity is fabulous though. I'm already planning how dark to keep my castle. Shall I have gargoyles or genetically mutated kats? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why not both; gargoyles and genetically mutated cats. I'd like to visit you in your dark castle- as long as you don't keep me prisoner. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! You'll just be a reluctant guest :P

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.