Saturday 27 February 2010

Dum birds......

Share it Please
Dealing with malaria, I don't think I have to explain how annoyed I was at the taps being off. We haven't had water for two weeks now and have depleted what was in our tanks.   Being sick is the only way that this little lady can get access to the family washing machine without trickery. So yeah, sick, in desperate need of clean clothes and there's no water?!!

Having dragged my butt outside to stand in the sun from 7am to 11am (took that long cuz I kept having to go inside and rest a bit) I finally managed to wash three week's worth of clothing. This time, I left NOTHING behind in my baskets. I single-handedly washed all my jeans, towels, bedsheets.... At the end of the day, I felt so proud of myself.

Now comes evening time when I go to take my things off the line. My screams of outrage brought my mother running to find out what was wrong.

Bird poo, shit, crap, doodoo!!!.... you can throw in whatever term you'd like.

Bottom line is,  some dum birds decided my clothes were a lovely public toilet.  I was suddenly faced with two choices. Find the offending creatures, get my dog to take a dump on them (see how they like it) and wash the shirts?; or find the offending creatures, get my dog to take a dump on them and BURN the shirts?  I have to admit that neither choices are possible, as I know I won't ever find the filthy buggers.  I did wash the shirts though, as they're my favourite work shirts but you should have seen the look on my mom's face when I came out with gloves on and added disinfectant to the washing soap. Why on earth she thought I'd actually wash the goop with my bare hands is beyond me lol.

I think I'm going to start looking into the cost of a dryer simply because of the fact that if I EVER find poo on my clothes again, there's gonna be an immediate decline in the bird population in my area and a sudden spike of roast pigeon to accompany the beer enjoyed during the football games.


DUM BIRDS!!!

~Daixy~

5 comments:

  1. Awww. In some cultures, bird droppings come with the best of luck (so expect winning situations n the week ahead, he he he). I've been in this situation so often that I half expect the birds to have visited, when I go to take my clothes off the line. Sorry about the malaria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Nana Yaw. In Japanese culture, a single magpie is bad luck. Four birds flocking is also bad luck, even worse if you get 9. I'm glad I got just two :) I wonder what cultures actually think it's good luck to get pooped on...(and the google search begins)

    Good luck with your laundry. May the birds give you respite this week ;) Thanks for the well wishes dear. Mama's good home cooking and sweating treatments are doing much more for me than the malaria drugs. I'll be my usual self by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooool I got bird poop on my head sometime ago..Talk about blessings from above :D Hope you get better though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Some years ago, when I was living at cantonments, my brother's friend got pooped on by a vulture! I still find it hilarious, to this day. It got him square in the face and I can't say where else it went without making people disgusted. Poor guy...He never stood under the trees in my house ever again. Maybe we should walk around with parasols? you know, keep off the sun and bird doo? :P

    And those are blessings I think I'd rather avoid lol.

    I'm already feeling better, thanks. Ate a big plate of spaghetti and kept it all down. I'm ME again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right here is a noteworthy story.
    You are stronger than both the malaria and the irreverent birds.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.