Tuesday 26 March 2013

Save A Life: Part 2

Share it Please
So back in December, 2012, I worked with Blogging Ghana, StACC-Ghana and Noguchi on the "Save A Life" Blood Drive.  It was all pretty rushed but we got 30 people to Give Blood at Korle Bu  and Noguchi.
Several Bloggers (eg here, here, and here ) gave their takes on  their experiences, or asked people to go #GiveBlood. The support on twitter and facebook was wonderful and I would like to thank everyone who tweeted, texted, emailed or showed up to donate during that period. That December, a lot of people heard the over-all cry for help. 

Photo credit: Greg McGoon
On the day I went to give Blood for instance, the good men of the Ghana Armed Forces showed up to donate.  Overall, 801 people walked in to voluntarily give blood in December 2012. We need this trend to continue.  This is why I, Blogging Ghana, StACC and Noguchi are asking you to please make a habit of going in to donate at least every quarter of the year.

As promised, here  is my video of my experience. Please do not laugh at my "Ow Ow Ow face". I do not like being pinched :(                        


I know, I know...I spent a lot of time ogling the men in green but what can I say other than that I love a man in uniform?
Photo credit: Greg McGoon

 A few things to note:

  1. Every last Saturday of every month, Dr. Paul Mensah of the Korle Bu Blood bank will be teaming up with the Doctors at the Accra Mall Clinic to collect blood for the bank.  For those of you who don't want to, or can't go to korle bu, this is a good option. Take a friend with you and chillax before and after you donate. Incidentally, this Saturday, he will be there.
  2. Drink lots of water and eat something before you go to donate.
  3. If you've given blood before, please be sure to take your donor card along with you. 
  4. I'll be showing up randomly during the exercises at the mall and just may have some goodies for the people I meet there :)
  5. When you go to give blood, tweet/blog/facebook etc about it and tell others about your experience. Let's create a culture of helping help ourselves. 
See  you on Saturday!

~Daixy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.