Tuesday 22 February 2011

Rain Rain Go Away.....

Share it Please
Intercloud lightnings over Toulouse (France). ...Image via Wikipedia

Thunder Scares me
Lightning too
All I want to be
Is curled up beside you

~Daixy~



Waking up to the roar of thunder and flash of lightning, I'm suddenly reminded of the scene from "The Sound of Music" where Maria sings and dances with the children about "My Favourite things" and not feeling "So Bad". Well, Maria was a nun.  What works for me on rainy days is a special someone to curl up next to, preferably under a warm blanket on the couch with a good black and white movie running on the telly.  I don't care what Maria says, Lil' Miz Daixy insists "Nothing beats having someone warm to hold you when it's raining cats and dogs.' and "besides, my curtains need a wash and aren't so good for rubbing my face in".  Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace" does it for me every time.

Being alone on this cold dreary night and wanting something to distract me, I've chosen to make myself hungry by watching video tutorials on the art of sushi. It sure beats staring at the lightning flashing at my window and jumping every time the thunder rolls.



It's been a while since I played with food and now I must find myself a bamboo mat and wasabi, and someone to take me on a date to a good sushi restaurant ;)
Once I'm done rummaging through the fridge, I'm gonna find me a good book; another thing Maria didn't consider (music freak) lol.

What do you do on stormy nights? Love or hate them? And if you like old movies, what are your favourites?


6 comments:

  1. I only like rainy nights if I don't have to go out into them (and if my roof isn't leaking).

    I don't remember the old movies I like (being that they're old) but hey an anime episode or movie will work just as well (ONE PIECE!).

    Hmm sushi with beef and spicy kelewele... mmmm :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you managed to bring food in to your post! Personally I think you should skip around the house in a storm acting like a demented Julie Andrews on LSD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE STORMY NIGHTS; I LOVE STORMS.
    I like to take a bath outside in the rain, then run quickly into the house, towel down, curl under a thick cloth and watch a movie (preferably a comedy); i usually fall asleep before it ends. :)

    Old movies, hmmmmmmmm, TNT classic movies; My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Susubribi and I Told You So(Ghanaian). Ah, the good old days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Terrarist, your fascination with One Piece never ceases to amaze me :P Maybe I should check it out.

    Sushi, beef and kelewele? Seems I need to educate you in way more than musicology, hun. Your foodology needs work also lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Graham, I always manage to bring food into ANY conversation, especially when it's with myself.

    Act like Julie Andrews on LSD? Oh hun, you have no idea. I'm all that and more ;)

    Still waiting for my buns, luv....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tetekai. You're so darned lucky. Once upon a time, I danced in the rain and sang songs from My Fair Lady and Singing in the rain. Couple hours later and I was wheezing up a storm and ended up with a fever. You can have the cold showers to yourself :P

    Nothing beats a classic b&w movie. I'm gonna see if I can expand my collection of those. Arsenic and Old Lace is top on my list of wants :D

    I've been told to get a big teddy bear, to make up for the missing special someone on those lonely nights. Will look into it.

    MWAH

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind. Just please be tolerant of others' ideas and do not ridicule commenters.